Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Manifesto

I believe that the role of the government should limit their current influence on the economy. They shouldn't have the power to bail-out major corporations who then use the money as bonuses rather than towards improving their poor business capabilities. Things like this only bring our economy and the country's overall morale down.

Secondly, I believe that the government should have the capability to realize when to stop spending money it doesn't have. I believe that by allowing our country to create a fifteen trillion dollar debt. With a debt that large, the American people don't feel financially secure with the economy. The government has essentially stunted our country's economic growth, which has been occurring for a number of years. The government should not be able to spend our country into a recession. I believe that the government should re-establish the previous tax brackets from the Clinton administration in order to produce more revenue which would be used towards securing our country financially as well as reducing our national debt. This would in turn make the American people feel more secure and help pull our country out of it's current recession.

Which is why I conclude that in my personal opinion, the government should have little to no influence over the economy. Having the government so closely intertwined makes it that much easier for our country's economy to go down the tubes. They are so closely knit together, that as a country we feel greater effects of one in turmoil because it so greatly affects the other. Especially with our government the way it is today, we can't afford to keep the two so closely connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment